Article 19 of the Indian Constitution promises freedom of expression. The pandemic is not an excuse to take away our rights.
As the crackdown continues, our voices matter more than ever. Like many NGOs, our resources have been hit by the impact of the pandemic too. However, we feel that the need to mobilize, campaign, and advocate for our collective rights has never been more important.
If not now, then when? Your critical contribution can help us continue the fight for rights!
As I see my India being ruined, it is with a feeble hope that I write to you at such a grim moment. Well, I am off to NIA custody and do not know when I shall be able to talk to you again.
However, I earnestly hope that you will speak out before your turn comes. – Anand Teltumbde, Dalit Rights Activist and Scholar
With your contribution, we can:
- Continue to demand the release of students and activists arrested under repressive laws
- Mobilize people through campaigns, actions and awareness
- Advocate with the government to respect people’s right to peaceful dissent
- Over 4 million people in India have taken action for Amnesty’s human rights campaigns
- We are one of the first to collect evidence and raise pressing human rights issues in India
- We are only funded by Indians. We do not accept money from political organisations or governments to remain independent.
Get a dissent mask for every Rs. 600 donated
Get a dissent mask and a T-shirt for every Rs. 1800 donated
Get an Amnesty dissent kit with select merchandise with every Rs. 3600 donated